BABYLON THE GREAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emilio Knechtle

Go down

Emilio Knechtle Empty Re: Emilio Knechtle

Post by Admin 2012-10-09, 00:54

ABOUT

WIKI

Google Translate from German
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilio_Knechtle

Emilio Knechtle

Emilio Knechtle (* 17 May 1922 in Switzerland , † 16 March 2006 in New Canaan , Connecticut [1] ) was from Switzerland originating Adventist revivalists .

Contents [Verbergen]
1 Life
2 Publications
3 External links
4 See also

[ edit ] Life

He was born in 1922 in Switzerland. His father was a Catholic and his mother Adventist. He later emigrated to the United States, with the goal of becoming a successful businessman and make money.
For a vacation stay in the Dominican Republic, where he had a conversion experience, he was professing Christian. He was then among other things by the American preacher Billy Graham trained as a missionary and revivalist. When he was head of the Presbyterian Church in New York, he was, on the basis of a visit of a Swiss Adventists, Adventist itself. Knechtle was marked by encounters with major revival preachers like Billy Graham or Bill Gothard.
Moreover Knechtle was active as a writer and has published several books, among others. The gospel of Jesus Christ and Christ's Message to the Last Generation He left also Bible study material as well as numerous recordings of his sermons.
On 16 March 2006, he died in New Canaan (Conn.).

[ edit ] Publications

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, Pacific Press, ISBN 978-1572580824
Christ's Message to the last generation, Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1971, ISBN 978-1572580848
A People Ready for the Return of Jesus, Nebraska Pacific Press 1971 [2], ISBN 978-1572580831
Eden to Eden, Greater New York Conference 1975
Eden to Eden and Adam to Adam, Greater New York Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists 1975 ISBN 978-1572581050

[ edit ] External links

English sermons
Scores by Emilio Knechtle in the catalog of the German National Library

[ edit ] References

↑ Emilio Knechtle died , Advent Echo 14th April 2006

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fde.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FEmilio_Knechtle

OTHER FORUMS

Q:
Does anyone remember Emilio Knechtle? I was attending Kingsway College when he gave one of those tSDA week's of prayer with a full blown Friday night vesper testimony and cry session. Anyone remember those, Andrew Fearing was good for those, also. Not making fun, just reminescing!!!

A:
Yes I remember him well.

He came into Adventism, sometime around the early to mid 60's I believe. His wife was the heiress of the "House of Squib" (Swiss) Pharmaceuticals. And he was a Swiss businessman.

He studied extensively with a dear old Hungarian Minister, in the Greater New York conference by the name of Charles Schulman. Elder Schulman had been a pastor (A conference executive, I believe the “Ministerial Secretary” of the Hungarian Union, ) in Hungary, prior to WWII, and had been drafted to served in the Hungarian Army as an officer in WWII. Which meant that he tried to keep his presence very quiet, in NY....as he was always scared of the Communist, as he had escaped and was forever fearful that the Communist were still tracking him down) Emilio and Elder Schulman prepared a wonderful set CHRIST orientated of lessons.....titled "Christ Our Life." Which brought me to a personal relationship with Christ! Hmmmmm, I may have a couple of those sets still around…….They were excellent…..although they did rely on the “SOP” to a degree.

I NEVER got the idea that Emilio was tSDA in the traditional sense at all.......he was a man converted to the knowledge of CHRIST! With a living relationship with his saviour…..which made his story and his evangelism so effective. OTOH, I don’t think that the “organized work” appreciated him much….since he was an “independent” who hadn’t come up through the “ranks,” so to speak.

I believe Emilio Knechtle was Ordained as a Adventist Minister by the GNY Conference (probably in the late 60's or early 70's?). Yet never became a paid employee of the church (so they couldn't really boss him around ) and always operated as an independent ministry. Last I saw him was briefly in his office, I think it was in Stamford or Bridgeport Conn, in about 1978…….had some lesson sets to deliver to him, from one of his associates.

IMO there's nothing wrong with "Coming to Christ"....just that I never appreciated the peer pressure that was exerted by the multiple "calls", to the alter...till everyone stood up and answered "the CALL." I got to the point in academy, I simply wouldn't stand up.....(me BAD) when I realized that I wasn't "moved," and didn't appreciate that cattle call type of evangelism!

http://www.atomorrow.com/discus/messages/1780/8204.html?1145250665

DEATH

World Evangelist Emilio Knechtle Dies at 83

Emilio B. Knechtle, a former General Conference (GC) world evangelist and revivalist, died on March 16 at age 83 in his home in New Canaan, Connecticut.

Knechtle joined the GC in 1982, and preached in many countries throughout the world until he retired from church service in December 1990. He worked for the Greater New York Conference and New York’s Metro Ministries from 1971 until 1982, preaching in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Mexico. Beginning in 1975, he also worked closely with American Cassettes Ministries, a supporting ministry of the Adventist church based in Pennsylvania, which produced and circulated his sermons worldwide.

Knechtle was born in Switzerland in 1922 and was raised as a Catholic, the religion of his father. His mother, however, converted to Adventism as a result of the witness of an Adventist woman who helped restore the 3-year-old Knechtle to health through prayer and natural remedies, when he contracted a rare blood disorder. After graduating from college, Knechtle eventually moved to New York and worked as a banker. It was while on a business trip to the Dominican Republic that Knechtle was converted to Christianity through the influence of his wife and a Methodist missionary. Eventually, at his mother’s urging and through studying with Charles Sohlman, an Adventist minister in the Greater New York Conference, Knechtle joined the Adventist Church.

“Emilio Knechtle was a spiritual giant in pointing thousands of people to Christ and His righteousness,” says General Conference vice president Ted N. C. Wilson, who worked with Knechtle in New York. “His public ministry included writing, preaching, and pastoral activities, but he was most well-known for his strong focus on having a personal relationship with Christ and His righteousness, resulting in revival and reformation.”

Knechtle is survived by his wife, Ann, and six children.

—AR/American Cassette Ministries.

http://www.adventistreview.org/article/473/archives/issue-2006-1510/adventist-news

Last edited by Admin on 2012-10-09, 13:53; edited 8 times in total

Admin
Admin

Broj poruka : 3201
Datum upisa : 2011-08-03

https://religija.serbianforum.info

Back to top Go down

Emilio Knechtle Empty Re: Emilio Knechtle

Post by Admin 2012-10-09, 00:54

CONTENT (SADRŽAJ)

Knechtle Emilio - mozaik prijateljstva

Last edited by Admin on 2012-10-09, 14:11; edited 2 times in total